The Malt Cross was designed by Architect Edwin Hill and constructed by builder Charles Weldon in 1877. This beautiful example of Victorian architectural innovation is now one of the last remaining music halls of its kind in the country and the only one to feature a glass roof. The original architectural drawings for the site are held in the Nottinghamshire Archives who have given us permission to use these images.
David Severn Collection
Memories of the Malt Cross
The changing face of the Music hall
Redevelopments and restoration 1877-Present
Malt Cross Caves
The sandstone caves beneath the Malt Cross were reopened in 2014 as part of the redevelopment. They now form an important events space for tours, live music and gin-tasting